|Ευκαιρίες εργασίας - Career Opportunities (updated June 2017)|
|Senior Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)|
|Our school is committed to
excellence in teaching and is pursuing success for its
students in the international language examinations. Our
most valuable asset is our people for whom we provide a
highly professional but, at the same time, friendly work
environment and commensurate remuneration. In return, we
expect dedication to meeting targets, excellent
interpersonal and communication skills and ability to
work within a team to deliver the desired results.
Due to continuous expansion, we are currently recruiting for the position a Senior Teacher of English as a Foreign Language to compliment our existing staff. The post will involve 4-6 hours of EFL teaching, spread out in 2 or 3 days weekly, for the period of September 2017 to June 2018. More hours may be added in the near future.
Formal requirements for both post ares:
- Valid teaching license for the English Language from ΕΟΠΠΕΠ or Διεύθυνση Δευτεροβάθμιας.
- Holder of higher education degree (university or ATEI) in a field relevant to education (e.g. English Literature, Primary Education, Pre-school Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Worker, Special Education etc.)
- C2 level certificate in English, ideally from Cambridge ESOL. CaMLA certificate acceptable. All others are not acceptable.
- Minimum 9 years teaching experience at all levels, including no less than 3 years teaching level B2 or higher.
- Teaching experience must have been gained at a school or a ΚΞΓ. Private lessons are not acceptable as work experience.
The ideal candidates will:
- be communicative and have excellent interpersonal skills
- possess the ability to inspire and to work comfortably with young children and teenagers
- be organised, able to set targets and work passionately towards achieving them
- be conversant with the test format and preparation methodology of all B1, B2, C1 and C2 exams of Cambridge ESOL and CaMLA.
- be aiming for a career in EFL teaching
The following features will be assessed positively:
- knowledge of other languages
- use of computers and new technologies
- work or volunteer experience with children ( e.g. summer camps, guides and scouts, babysitting, playgrounds, schools etc.)
- work experience or studies abroad
To apply for the above positions, please email your CV with a cover text to firstname.lastname@example.org .
IMPORTANT NOTE: all communications must have the code EFL-2017-06 in the subject line.